Sunday, July 25, 2010

escape.


Yesterday I rode on a dirt road that I didn't know existed.
I ate lunch on a towel and tried new food.
I learned how to say "barbwire" instead of "bobwire".
Yesterday I climbed up a brick wall, fell in love with the weather, and burnt a memory into my mind.
I climbed a fence, got lost in a corn field, and found beauty in rusting old trucks.
I felt the sting of my own hair whipping me in the face as the wind tossed it.
Yesterday I escaped the heat of  the real world and enjoyed a few hours with a best friend.
I captured moments, held a hand, sat on a tree, and released the flying thoughts of my mind.
It was perfect. Simple marvelous in every way.

1 comment:

  1. Once I laid in a hippie bus and was made fun of for saying bobwire, I never noticed the difference.

    That was one of the best days in a simple and marvelous way too, it must be something with that word.

    ReplyDelete