Saturday, August 7, 2010

(sigh) clean.

It's the end of summer- and I'm spring cleaning!
Ah!  Relief!
Cleaning and I have a love hate relationship.
I hate being stuck inside all day. . . and cleaning does take me all day.
I love finding the treasures of my childhood that are still dear to my heart!  I love getting lost in the memories and the feeling of being organized and well. . . clean.
I have currently been sleeping on the couch for the last two and a half weeks.  (I do have a comfy couch- I'm not complaining!)  My room was in complete dishevel and I just let it go.
Today I'm finding my bed.  I have "hand-me-downed" over half my closet and thrown away flip-flops that are pretty much rotted out (I don't know why I kept them. . . )
I had a problem with keeping everything!  I say "had" because I'm getting better at letting go- and moving on, and it feels good!

. . . I'm moving. . .soon. . .
Gosh my summer has flown- I need to get [another] job.
Cleaning has been my first eye opener, I'm not going to be living here anymore and I don't know how to feel about it.  What should I be feeling?
I talked the night away with one of my dearest friends.  We picked sunflowers, walked across cement barriers and got lost in the skies.  Another one of those realizations set in- you know the ones when you realize that things can never be the same, this moment will be lost forever after this. . . I was heart broken.
I am not going to be with anyone I know- I'm going to be the new kid, I've never been the new kid before.  At the same time however I get the chance to be whomever I want to be- I have the opportunity to be Kelsie and that is all.  No one will know where I come from, what accomplishments I have had, or the failures- I'm just me.  This a chance for me to see who I can become, how far I will go and there is for me to conquer in the world unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment